Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Scoutmaster Doug Campbell Checks In...

Douglas Campbell, Scoutmaster 1978-1979

Hello, my name is Doug Campbell. I met you in association with Troop 1 in the late Seventies. I was a fill-in Scoutmaster and assistant SM for a few years with Troop 1. I also was an Eagle Scout (1971) through the troop. I have been told by my parents and my brother that Troop 1 is planning a special celebration this year, the big 100 !!
I still have in my possession my Eagle Badge, patch collection, neckerchief collection and some older BSA memorabilia that I would be happy to part with for a good cause. I now live in Conesus NY (near Geneseo) and come back home from time to time. Can you give me someone to get in touch with about this summer's plans? Thanx for your time. Doug
_______________________________________

Doug, welcome back to the fold! I was the Scoutmaster that was recruited by Al Clune to take your place when I arrived back in Unadilla in the fall of 1979. I still remember the Dutch oven stew you cooked for the troop one meeting night to help illustrate camp cooking. Here's an upcoming event you might like to be a part of:

As a defacto member of the Troop 1 Lyon Patrol Alumni Association, I want to give you first opportunity to attend a once-in-a-century event, the Centennial Alumni Banquet, held in conjunction with the NYS Encampment on the week-end of May 14-16, 2010. Banquet goers will get a special pre-opening look at the new exhibit, "100 Years of Scouting in Unadilla" being installed in the Community Center (former Masonic Temple) and meet President Teddy Roosevelt (a "bully" fan of Scouts and last seen in Unadilla in 1910.)

We have a home for your badges and memorabilia in the exhibits. If you would like to make a donation of those items, the Unadilla Historical Association can help you with the listings and forms.

Be sure to check out the Troop's history blogsite: http://trp1bsaunadillahist.blogspot.com and
the Lyon Patrol Report (Troop 1 Alumni) blogspot: http//lyonpatrolreport.blogspot.com.

Donald Tuttle, Lyon Patrol Leader
Troop 1 BSA Unadilla NY

No comments:

Post a Comment